Welcome to the Troop 404 website. We are “The Firebuilders”. Whether a Webelo, scout transferring from outside the area or boy just interested in learning more about scouting, let us tell you about our troop.
Troop 404 was originally founded in 1971. It took a brief hiatus in the late 1980’s and was rekindled in 1991. Since then it has remained a strong and active troop.
We are sponsored by the Cranberry Elks and meet in the lodge’s banquet hall (20720, Route 19, Cranberry Twp., entrance behind lodge) on Tuesday evenings from 7:00-8:30PM.
We have been very active and recognized troop over the past decade:
- Several BSA Troop Quality Unit Award
- Over 20 Eagle Scouts
- Over 30 Order of the Arrow members (Ordeal, Brotherhood, Vigil, Lodge Chief and other officers)
- Silver Beaver recipient
- Over 10 religious awards across different denominations
- Several adult leaders taken and/or earning Wood Badge
- Scouts and leaders have participated in 4 treks to Philmont Scout Reservation, New Mexico
- Scouts have attended National Jamborees and adult leaders have staffed jamborees
- Scouts and adults have attended international camporees
We are a Scout led troop that is boy led with adult supervision.
Our values are represented in the scout oath and law. Our goal is to build friendships and teach valuable life skills while having fun.
Troop 404 is currently open to any school (we draw from several) and denomination. Attendance is flexible as we have many boys who participate in organized sports (e.g., football, baseball, soccer, lacrosse), music (band, chorus, other individual recitals, etc.) and other activities (e.g., ROTC, theater, etc.). Boys need to have completed the 5th grade or age 11 or have earned the Webelos Arrow of Light award.
Please visit our You Tube Channel to view a compilation of our activities from 2015-2016: